Jed Johnson at RoomLover

Monday, January 19, 2009

Jed Johnson

Jed Johnson living room.  Click to open website.
Jed Johnson Associates, Inc.
New York, NY

www.jedjohnson.com

Jed Johnson was killed in a plane crash in 1996, but his firm still bears his name. When I think of the firm today, I mostly think of the designs by Arthur Dunnam that I've seen in magazines. It's not discernable, when you view the rooms in the online portfolio, which of the firms designer's is responsible for each design.

Johnson is one of the few designers I've ever met in person. He was a friend of a friend of mine, and he came to my home once. (Stood in my very own living room. Way cool.)

Jed Johnson dining room.  Click to view larger image.
Jed Johnson billiards room.  Click to view larger image.
Jed Johnson bathroom.  Click to view larger image.
Jed Johnson living room.  Click to view larger image.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his stuff.

Anonymous said...

But he didn't live long enough to escape Warhol and probably never could and that's probably fine that's why he'll be known forever. But there would still probably be more well known for that of people come to his design work it'll be through that. But no matter when he Died that was probably going to be the case comparatively speaking although his work deserved an audience of design fans that weren't aware of that came out of the other way. That's hard to achieve comparatively I mean the Of course people don't love desig Too much compared to icons lol

Post a Comment