Vicente Wolf at RoomLover

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Vicente Wolf

Vicente Wolf living room.  Click to open website.
Home Decorator Website

Vicente Wolf was one of the first designers whose work I learned to recognize: Solid colors, lots of white, and large mirrors.

Pale blues. Furniture that really stands out against the white walls. I want to say, not a lot of tailoring to the furniture. By that I mean, unconstructed upholstery, with not a lot of welted edges. Slipcovers even, but no frills, no ruffles.

Vicente Wolf dining room with huge mirror.  Click to view larger image.
Seems like there are a lot of loft spaces in his portfolio online, and loft spaces are what I remember over the years. I don't know why that is -- because people think of him when they have loft spaces to do? Or is that just what he prefers?


Vicente Wolf living room, with blue.  Click to view larger image.
I want to say dark woods, but I know that's not always true. I do tend to think of rugs in solid colors, though. Not elaborate patterns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment